Program: Maternal and Child Health Promotion
Job Title: Community Health Promoter
Orientation Date: January 11, 2011
Pre-Service Training: January 15- April 1, 2011
Service Dates: April 1, 2011- March 29, 2013
- Direct education to community members about preventative health practices;
- Organize health groups to facilitate your role in the training of health promoters;
- Training of volunteer community health promoters and midwives in non-formal education techniques directed towards to improvement of maternal and child health and the reduction of maternal and infant mortality.
- At least 25 community health workers trained as trainers in improved maternal/ child practices;
- At least 100 mothers reached and trained in improved maternal/ child practices and nutrition.
Nica Health Resources: